To function properly, SmartHalo’s app requires the location permission to be set at “Always”, on both iOS and Android. Location from your phone is needed for Navigation, Fitness Tracking (since we use the phone’s GPS signal to measure speed and distance), as well as the Find my Bike feature.
For these features to work, the app runs in the background on your phone: it powers most SmartHalo features seamlessly while your phone’s screen is off and safely tucked. This is why we need your location ”Always” and not only “While using the app”; as soon as you’ll turn your screen off, it’ll break features that require GPS navigation.
How to change the Locations Permissions on your Smartphone
- Open the iOS Settings app.
- Tap on Privacy.
- Tap on Location Services.
- Make sure Location Services are active.
- Scroll down to find SmartHalo in the list of apps.
- Select “Always” from the list. Make sure “Precise Location” is active, as Navigation won’t work properly without it.
- Long press on the SmartHalo app icon your applications list
- Select App Info. This opens the SmartHalo system settings page
- Select the Permissions option. This launches the permissions page
- From the Permissions page select Location