Determine the diameter of your handlebar. If needed, take the rubber inserts.
Insert rubber insert in base loops. Align the ridge with the lines.
Place on handlebar, secure the pivots and screw the two bolts into the base with the Allen key.
1. Place SmartHalo 2 sideways and align the bottom of your unit with the rail on the base
2. Rotate 90° to the front.
You might feel a bit of resistance when locking your SmartHalo 2. It will ease as you lock and unlock it a few times.
To unlock your device
Place your HaloKey under the mount, rotate SmartHalo and pull it.
About your HaloKey
Here's a few things to know about your HaloKey:
- It's used to remove your SmartHalo 2 from the Anti-theft Mount. Without it, your SmartHalo 2 is theft proof when docked on the Anti-theft Mount.
- It isn't used to arm or disarm the alarm. The alarm is tied to your phone's Bluetooth signal; not your HaloKey. It'll disarm when it senses your phone's Bluetooth signal and arm when you leave your bike (with the alarm feature active in the SmartHalo app).
- Your HaloKey is unique and tied to your Anti-theft Mount: it'll only unlock your SmartHalo 2 on your Anti-theft Mount.
- Quick tip: add the HaloKey to your key fob to make sure it's always on hand when you need to remove your SmartHalo 2 for a quick charge!
Quarter Lock mount
You can use SmartHalo on any Quarter Lock Mounts. Simply insert the Quarter Lock adapter under SmartHalo and rotate it until it stays in place.
Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a picture of your handlebar if you'd like personalized advice on the best way to install SmartHalo on your handlebar.