First, you’ll need to create a Strava account and make sure you download the latest version of the SmartHalo app in the “App Store” or “Google Play Store” (some phones will update apps automatically).
- Open the SmartHalo app and click on the “profile icon” (top left).
- Go to the “linked accounts” section in the left tab.
- Click on the Strava item.
- Click on “Connect to Strava”.
*** The steps below are the most important, read carefully. ***
- Follow the instruction on the browser window that pops up and select the authentication method (Facebook, Google account or email address) that you used when you registered on Strava. This step is important because if you choose another method, Strava won’t recognize your account and will create a new account.
- All the boxes need to stay checked if you want to share your rides to Strava app.
- The app will navigate to the Strava settings page. Make sure that your leave the "Automatic Ride Upload" enabled. If not, your rides will not be uploaded in your Strava account, you’ll need to manually upload them. To do so you can choose which rides you’re sending right from your fitness tab. Scroll down for more information.
- You will now be able to see your future rides in Strava! Don’t forget to share the rides with friends!
Strava Manual Upload
You can now manually sent rides to Strava. This will allow you to choose which rides you’re sending to Strava and to send past rides as well. Here is the procedure depending on your phone:
Select individual ride or multiple rides
Swipe right on the ride you want to upload to Strava.
Tap the “Edit” button in the top bar if you want to select multiple rides to upload to Strava.
Select individual ride
- Select a ride and access actions from the 3 dots button on the right corner of the selected ride.
- Select “Send to Strava”
Select multiple rides
- Long press a ride or tap the Multiple Selection Icon
- Select the rides you want to upload to Strava and tap on “Strava Chevron”, tap the "Select All" if you want to upload all your rides from that day.
How can I keep my rides private in Strava?
By default, the rides uploaded in Strava app are public, to change them to private, (so that only you can see them) you have to change the privacy settings in Strava app.
How can I delete rides on Strava?
It is important to understand that deleting a ride in SmartHalo app will not delete it from Strava and vice versa.
To delete rides on Strava, you will need to log into your Strava account and delete the ride from Strava app.
- Click on the profile menu tab on Strava app
- Scroll down to "Activities"
- Select the activity you would like to delete
- On the right upper corner, click on the "..."
- Delete ride
What to do if I have been disconnected from the Strava app without any reason?
Make sure that you have checked all the boxes in the linking page of the SmartHalo app (see picture below)
Why my rides are not uploaded into Strava app?
You have signed into the Strava app with the wrong email address, Google account or Facebook account you will not see your rides in your main Strava account. If you have more than one email address, make sure that you use the one associated with your Strava account when linking it to the SmartHalo app.
Follow these steps to switch Strava account:
- Open Strava.com (not Strava app) from your phone Internet browser
- Tap on your Strava account picture
- Go to the right corner and tap on your picture again -
- Click on "disconnect"
- Go back to the Smarthalo app and link the accounts again