Are you having trouble connecting SmartHalo to your phone? If so, check out these tips to get your connection running smooth, steady, and fast.
You can access the connection screen in the SmartHalo app through the right drawer. The pictures below show where the connection screen is located:
(Please note that the 'bluetooth settings' in your phone may not accurately show your SmartHalo, so it's best to use the connection screen in the app.)
If you are seeing ''No device in range'' in the SmartHalo connection screen, make sure that...
1. Bluetooth is On
2. Your phone GPS location permission for SmartHalo is set to 'Always'
3. Your mobile data is activate and permission is granted for SmartHalo to use mobile data
4. There are no battery saving apps installed on your phone that would stop SmartHalo from working in the background of your phone
5. There are no battery saving settings in your phone that would stop SmartHalo from working in the background
6. Your SmartHalo is nearby and has battery (when you touch SmartHalo's surface you should it react to your touch, if you're not seeing a reaction to touch you'll need to charge your SmartHalo)
If you can see your SmartHalo in the list of devices in the SmartHalo app connection page but it's not connecting, try the following...
1. Install the latest version of the app.
2. Reboot your phone.
3. Plug your SmartHalo into a computer. You will see a green light flash on the center of your SmartHalo, followed by an animation indicating the percentage of battery left.
4. If your battery is below 50%, let it charge 100%.
If you're seeing your device in the list of devices but you're getting a "Connection Error" or "Authentication Error" when clicking on your SmartHalo...
Make sure that you are logged into the SmartHalo app with the account that's connected to your SmartHalo. If the SmartHalo is connected to another persons account you will not be able to connect to it.
Try to connect to your SmartHalo from another mobile phone, iOS or Android. When doing this, make sure that you're logged into the SmartHalo app with your account. If the connection is successful with another phone and a firmware update is available, be sure to update the firmware.
If you are still unable to connect after these steps, please send a email to firstname.lastname@example.org
How easy was it to get the help you needed?