SmartHalo 2 uses firmware updates and app updates to release new features, refinements, and bug fixes. The first time you connect to a brand new SmartHalo 2, you'll be prompted to update its firmware to get going. This first update takes around 10 minutes, but all future updates will be faster.
It can happen that a firmware update fails. If this happens, here's what you can try:
- Tap on Try again in the app
- Close the SmartHalo app and reopen it (here's how to close an app on iOS and on Android)
- Plug your SmartHalo 2 in (it acts as a soft reset)
- Turn your Bluetooth off and on again
- After completing all these steps, try updating the firmware again.
- As a last resort, you can try restarting your phone (especially if on Android and if the issue still persists).
While updating your firmware, the progress bar might look like it isn't moving for a while. Give it a few minutes before cancelling.