SmartHalo is a new type of device and as such, there is no "on/off" button. It will turn on automatically as you approach it and turn off by itself when you leave. To do that, it needs to recognize your phone – that means the SmartHalo app must be on, even though it can stay in the background.
A lot of what makes SmartHalo "smart" depend on two things:
1) Whether or not SmartHalo is currently connected to your phone;
2) Whether or not SmartHalo is moving.
- The light will turn off if SmartHalo is not moving, regardless that are you connected or not (to prevent battery drain for those who leave their bikes inside their home).
- The alarm will trigger if you are not connected AND SmartHalo is moving, to protect your bike from theft.
- Fitness tracking will start when you are connected AND SmartHalo is moving, and will stop when SmartHalo stops moving.
Good to know:
If you need to travel by plane with your SmartHalo, we recommend turning the alarm off to prevent it from being triggered when you disconnect from it.
How easy was it to get the help you needed?